Tuesday 31 May 2005

COOKIE..!! (Ahrm ahrrm ahrrm arrm...)


For the first time in my life, I voluntarily decided to bake cookies. Last time I baked was in secondary one home economics class, very nearly twenty years ago. The things kids drive you to do... Matt's cooped up at home with the rest of us chicken pox cases (luckily very mild ones, less than 5 visible spots each), so I thought we'd try something fun.

Well the recipe (idiot proof one on the back of the Hershey's chocolate chips packaging) was quite a big one, so I made to halve it. I certainly don't see us finishing all 5 dozen cookies as it promised to make! We actually had a roll of cookie sheeting and an electric hand-held whisk in the house already, so after Sean brought home the other ingredients, it was show time!

Expectedly, I forgot to halve the sugar and eggs, and dolloped the mix onto the tray too close, so it all ran together and became one big slab. Luckily still quite tasty! The second batch turned out rather better - with some flour added to the remaining mix, it was less runny, and we put them a little farther apart and Matt popped a Hershey's kiss on each one. I'm proud to say we have one solitary proper cookie, the rest were still connected here and there but were easily separated with a spoon before they cooled and hardened completely.

Anyway, they're out there cooling on the wire racks now, and I've to fend off Matt who's trying to steal them.

1 comment:

zeenie said...

*sesame street style* cooookie! coookie!! me like coookie!
take care and rest well!