Thursday 16 March 2006

Done and doner

Just like that. Our helper has moved into her new room while we've been going around in the new car for the last 2 days already. After all that anticipation, arrival has been typically anti-climactic.

I should add that the IKEA deliverymen were very kind to assemble the drawer frames for us at no charge. I'd given up after haplessly trying a few times to knock in the rails myself, on our parquet floor padded with old towels, while they were expertly assembling the high loft bed and bookcase for the children's room with their industrial strength power tools. Next thing I know, I hear ear-splitting hammer blows coming from outside - they'd taken the frames into the corridor and were putting them together at lightning speed! Many thanks indeed, IKEA men.

But we're not through yet. Still got the middle room to get ready, i.e. dismantle single bed, move wardrobe, assemble cot, make up double mattress... We better get it all done before I go off on seminar and Sean to reservist in early April. By the time he comes back, it'll be just 2 weeks to the day - I'd much rather not push it so late to get things set.

No comments: