Wednesday 27 February 2008

Good Habit or Bad Habit?

On the way home from ballet yesterday, Sarah and I got to talking about habits. She had spoken to me rudely in the car, and I warned her that if she didn't check herself, it would become a habit.

"What's a habit?"

"A habit is something that you always do, and it's hard for you to change. Like, sucking your thumb! That's a bad habit, right?"

"Ya..."

"There are also good habits. Like brushing your teeth. So if you keep talking rudely, it'll become a bad habit and you'll always talk rudely."

"Okay..."

-----

At bedtime prayers that night, as the conversation went around to the concept of Heaven, Sarah declared that when we die, we'll go to heaven. Then she asked,

"When will I die, Mommy?"

"I don't know, Sarah. Only God knows."

Matt added, "But it's wrong to shoot ourselves so that we can go to heaven faster, right? Mommy?"

Sarah declared, "That's a bad habit!"

No comments: