Saturday 24 January 2009

Happy New Wheels

Fresh from Sarah's newfound freedom on pedals, we took a good look at the equipment the kids had - it wasn't pretty.


Matt's right pedal had been broken to a stump following a few crashes, and Sarah's, while a good size for learning, was starting to prove too small for her growing frame. Besides, both had worn out bearings and dodgy brakes.


Time for 'proper' bikes then. A quick trip to Takashima later (involving some creative packaging in the boot), two new Diamondbacks have found their home with us. Pretty obvious which one belongs to whom...

2 comments:

justpassingby said...

Hmm, I've never seen Bikes sold at Takashimaya? Love the bikes though. Now I must book Coach Sean to teach my 3 children to cycle in 3 lessons... heh.

controlblade said...

It's on the 4th floor, tucked away in the corner, by one of the escalators. Good bikes, and often on sale. Not entirely cheap, but I consider them very reasonable - they're worth it. I got my full sized one there two years ago, and mechanically it's as good as new. Better than getting something that costs less but doesn't last.