Friday 11 September 2009

Dogs and Frogs

The kids have a penchant for asking for the same song over and over again in the car.

Sophie was doing this one day when her current favourite ended and she immediately asked, "Daddy, please may I have 'Hot Jumping Sausage'?"

After our laughter had died down, Sean told Sophie the proper name of the song. Trying again, she said, "Daddy, please may I have 'King of Rocks'?"

More peals of laughter from the two older ones. I took matters into my own hands, slowly telling her each word of the title.

Sophie said, very carefully, "Daddy, please may I have 'King, and, Rock, of, Roll'?"

And they all join in loudly at the chorus, Sarah especially liking to sing, "Al, ber, TURKEY!"

No prizes for guessing the correct song title and first line of the chorus!

No comments: