Monday 14 September 2015

Post Paci

We're trying to get Andrew off the pacifier now that he's nearly two and a half.

First try, I said to him, 'Does Daddy suck pacifier? No! Does Korkor suck pacifier? No! Does Jiejie suck pacifier? No! So, Andrew doesn't need pacifier, ok? You're a big boy now!' And I took the pacifier away and left the room. He didn't protest while I was still there, but in a little while I could hear him weeping in the room! Gosh. I went in and found him lying on his back in bed, tears streaming down his face to his ears. Couldn't bear it so I gave him his pacifier back and he promptly went to sleep.

Next try, it was a Saturday afternoon and Sean convinced Andrew to throw his pacifier away after his afternoon nap. That night, no tears, but there was an hour of singing and talking to himself that we could hear through his door! When he woke up the next morning, he rushed out of his room to look in the wastepaper basket where he had thrown the pacifier. Haha. We had kept it aside of course. Just in case.

Following night, singing again, but not as long. So, looks like he's done!

No comments: