Friday 26 October 2007

Allergic!

"Mommy, why does Kimi make us sick?" Matthew asked.

"Kimi has germs!" Sarah swiftly answered.

I replied, "Everyone has germs. You all are allergic to his saliva particles. He has saliva right, and when it dries and floats into the air and settles on your nose or eyes, it makes them red and watery."

"Oh, we are allergic to the cat?"

"Yes, but when you get used to it your body will stop reacting like that."

"Ya, our white blood cells will know what to do."

"Er, it's not really the white blood cells, but your body won't get triggered by the saliva particles anymore. Anyway different people are allergic to different things. Some people are allergic to some types of food, some people are allergic to flowers..."

Sean added, "Ya, I'm allergic to smoke, you know, cigarette smoke."

I put in, "And I'm allergic to beer."

Sarah declared, "I'm allergic to fire!"

No comments: