Thursday 19 August 2010

Boh-Geh Sarah

Sarah said to me this morning, "Mommy, I can take the train with you to office. I can hold your hand. If you're tired, I can help you up, and you won't miss the train." Pause. "I'm always helpful."

Nice try! She and Matt are home these two days for the PSLE oral exams. But Sophie still has nursery. Luckily I have the car to drive her instead of putting her on her usual schoolbus. She was already starting to kick up a fuss and that girl is loud.

Sarah is also losing her teeth apace: last week there were four shaky ones, two got pulled by the school dentist, now waiting for the extremely wobbly front tooth to fall. At the moment she's enjoying going around with it sticking out between her lips, bent forward at a crazy angle. I tried to encourage her to just yank it off herself, reminding her of the tooth fairy and the usual two bucks. Her response?

"I don't think I will get two dollars for this tooth. It has a decay here (pointing to it) so maybe I will only get fifty cents."

Tomorrow driving Sophie again. Can't wait for Sean to come back from reservist, and resume chauffeur duties. Saturday morning is not too far away!

ETA: He's coming home tonight! Yay!!

No comments: